OUR SABC A review of South African broadcasting issues – 19 March 2012
Despite the current challenges the SABC faces, we should not undermine the possibilities of it becoming one of the greatest public broadcasters Africa has ever seen. We cannot as well put the future of generations to come in the hands of capital. It is for these reasons we cannot consider privatising the SABC- Lethabo Dibetso (Researcher: Media Monitoring Africa)
On the table this week
• Two meetings with the Portfolio Committee on Communications – SABC still does not provide answers!
• Is the 24 news hour channel really going to happen?
• OUR SABC – can it be sold for R850 million?
• The ANC communications discussion document really gets our hopes up… However the National Development Plan disappoints….
• ICASA held its public hearings on the Digital Terrestrial Television (DTT) Draft Regulations this week.
Read the Newsletter and tell us what you think!